Become a Member
Affiliations are now due in respect of the 2017 Calendar Year, and the attached form sets out the fees payable for the various categories of affiliates. It is important that all those involved in Table Tennis - coaches, umpires, referees, administrators and players - are registered members of Table Tennis Ireland
In line with best practice and to ensure that the Association’s members have the required personal accident insurance in place during both club sessions and all official competitions/training camps, the Association has a group personal accident insurance policy for 2017 which covers all affiliated members while participating in table tennis activities. Affiliate online now by clicking here.
Why are Affiliations necessary ?
- As a source of income – which will support the development of our Sport through Table Tennis Ireland events and initiatives, such as Women In Sport Coaching, the Schools Development Programme, Tournaments, Provincial and National Training Camps, Level 1/2 Coaching Courses and the Junior Participation Series.
- In support of our Grant Application – the level of Affiliates is a key determinant in the allocation of our Core Grant as an NGB. Therefore, increased affiliations will generally result in a higher Grant Allocation, which in turn will increase your Association’s resources to develop our Sport.
- As a source of information – the number and geographical location of our affiliate base provides the Association with valuable information, which is a key ingredient in developing strategies and initiatives to promote and develop our Sport throughout the country.
- As a means of communication – for the delivery of Hotshots, Ezines, Tournament Entry Forms, and all relevant information from the TT world.
What are the Benefits of Affiliation?
- Identify with your Sport – All sports players register with their National Governing Body. We are the NGB for Table Tennis in Ireland and is affiliated to the International Table Tennis Federation and the European Table Tennis Union.
- Insurance – All members are covered under the Association’s Personal Accident insurance policy.
- Child Protection – all affiliates are protected by our Child Protection Policies and the Access NI (in NI) and Garda vetting procedures (in ROI) which conform to the highest standards. The Association has a dedicated Child Protection & Vetting Officer.
- Sport Development - while ISC and Sport NI funding is the primary source of income, the Association depends on sponsorship, fundraising and affiliation fees to invest in your sport and support the activities and initiatives to promote the sport throughout the country. Your affiliation fees are supporting the development of your sport.
- Tournaments – all affiliates are eligible to participate in all Table Tennis Ireland approved tournaments and events.
- Participation – we support a wide range of initiatives which foster the development of the Sport at Primary, Secondary and University levels. Participation projects are guided by our part-time Women In Sport & Participation Co-ordinator. Focus is on co-ordinating our Schools Development Programme and on the continued development of the successful Junior Challenger Series which encourages participation at all levels.
- Coaching – we provide Coaching Ireland certified Coaching Courses for affiliated members, which are facilitated by our qualified Tutors.
- Training Camps – affiliated members can attend Provincial and National Training Camps if they are selected by their respective Provincial / National Coaches.
- Opportunity to represent your Province/Country – all affiliates are eligible for Provincial and National Team selection, depending on specific selection criteria.
- Awards – each year, the Association recognizes outstanding achievements and contributions to the Sport through the Table tennis Ireland Annual Awards. All affiliates are eligible for these awards, which include Best Male/Female Coach, Best Male/Female/Junior Player, Volunteer and Press Officer of the Year.
- TT Information – we are committed to communicating relevant and timely information on all TT related matters, such as previews and reviews of Domestic and International Competitions, Irish/Provincial Squads, Events and Initiatives, World TT News, Tournament Application Forms and Updates and Newsletters from our Sponsors. This is achieved through our website, weekly and ad hoc Hotshots which are emailed to all affiliates, and our Event Marketing Stand.
- Referees, Umpires and Regulations – we are responsible for regulating the Sport of TT in Ireland, and ensuring that properly trained Referees and Umpires are available to ensure that the ITTF rules and regulations are strictly adhered to. Umpire courses are available to all affiliates.
- Advice – always on hand through its full-time manager to answer all your queries related to TT matters.
- Opportunities – to meet new friends of all ages and to enjoy your Sport!
A little background to your Association...
- Definition – Table Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body (NGB) which is responsible for regulating, developing and promoting the sport of Table Tennis throughout the island of Ireland.
- History – having formed in 1937, we are one of the oldest NGB’s in the country. In 1987, the Association was incorporated into a company limited by guarantee, and was restructured in 2003 to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiencies in developing the Sport.
- Structure – the Memorandum and Articles of Association define the structure of the Association. The Board, which is elected by the members at the AGM, currently consists of 8 Directors. The four Provincial Branches and Standing Committees report to the Board. The Association has a full-time manager and part-time Women In Sport & Participation Co-Ordinator.
- Vision – our key objectives are to increase participation at all levels, develop clearly identifiable pathways for players of all standards, maintain the required high performance standards, and promote Table Tennis throughout the island of Ireland, as a dynamic, lifelong sport which encourages healthy lifestyles for all…………
Table Tennis Ireland is the NGB for Your Sport.
It is committed to facilitating all players at all levels who want to develop to their potential, and enjoy the sport of Table Tennis.
By Affiliating, you are supporting the Association’s efforts in developing your Sport.
Table Tennis is a Sport for All, and your Sport for Life !
If you require any further information on your Association or any Table Tennis related matter, or have any comments or suggestions, please log on to our Website (www.tabletennisireland.ie) or contact Mark O'Flynn on 01-6251135 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org).
Masters National Championships
Leinster Junior Ranking Tournament
Palmerstown, 2 April
Leinster Junior Ranking Tournament
Palmerstown, 2 April
Ulster, 7 - 8 April